Guide to Use Wild West Domains with Hostgator Web Hosting
When using Wild West Domains for your website that’s hosted by Hostgator, remember that you need to first change the nameservers of your website. Although HostGator won’t be able to modify the nameservers of any other registrar, including Wild West, they can definitely assist you on how to go about this. Read below for a guide to use Wild West Domains with Hostgator web hosting.
Wild West Domain Names
Considered as one of the world’s top domain name registrars, Wild West, a GoDaddy Company, provides you with the best services when it comes to domain name registration. The company provides services to various parties.
Steps to Use Wild West Domains with Hostgator Web Hosting
Here are the steps on how to use the Wild West Domains with a Hostgator web hosting service:
- First of all, determine the nameservers for your hosting account. You should know which nameservers that you will utilize for your account on Hostgator. Remember that this will vary depending on the type of server and the hosting service.
- The next step is to go to the site of Wild West or get in touch with the party that listed your domain so you can make changes to the nameservers. Because Wild West domains provide resellers with an API, the domain websites will vary greatly. Thus, it can be a bit difficult to provide exact instructions which will work for all the resellers.
What if the Party that Sold you the domain is Using the Default Site?
If the party that sold you the domain is utilizing the Wild West Domains that is provided on the website, these are the instructions that you should follow:
- Enter your Account Manager on the website where you have listed your domain with.
- Right next to the Domains, click on “launch”.
- Choose the domain names that you want to change.
- Click on “Manage” that you will find on the Nameservers menu.
- Refer to the setup type and then choose “Standard”.
- Click Save.
If the party that sold you the domain made use of API, they’ll be able to control the website entirely as well as the manner it works. This means that the process and the steps will greatly vary from one party to another. Unfortunately, this may also mean that Hostgator will not be able to provide you with the specific instructions for these kinds of third parties. It is best to get in touch with the party that sold you the domain or review their help documentation for these specific steps.
Find the Wild West Domains Party that Sold You the Domain for a Domain
If you don’t have any idea which party you have purchased your domain from, this information might be listed on the WHOIS searches, so you should refer to it. If it’s not available, then call Wild West Domains directly.